[bksvol-discuss] finding books in collection. Was book requests

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:16:30 -0800 (PST)

Jill,

It's interesting that you found it, because I checked
both my title and by author and have not.

O.K. There's a problem with the site, the reverse of
problems I've found before. I just checked again. It
cannot be found by title or author in Advanced Search
but it is listed if one puts the author or title into
the little box at the top, which I suppose is Simple
Search.

In the past I've found the opposite to be true--when
I've put title of author into that box nothing's
turned up but it has in advanced search.

I've been keeping a list of people who make the
requests, so I'll let the person know when I come back
from taking my written driver's test (eek--hope I
pass). Good usually isn't very good, though, in my
experience, so I think I will leave it on the list
incast someone wants to rescan it. I wouldn't mind
rereading it again and validating it.

I'll send a copy of this to Claire. Maybe the
engineers can do something so that one doesn't have to
check two different ways to find a book. (And I did
log in first, so that isn't why it was missed). smile

G.Cindy