[bksvol-discuss] Re: final statement about block quotes

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:15:10 -0700

Hi Devorah,

        That sounds accurate to me.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 12:01 PM 4/13/2008, you wrote:
Thank you E. for that clarification that as a Braille reader you prefer
quote marks. Is the following a correct conclusion from our discussion?

I am putting quotation marks around all the block quotes. I am not
indenting the block quotes either by changing the actual margin or by
tabbing. I am not creating a blank line between the text and the block
quote (although if there is already a blank line I will leave it because
it will not be a problem) to a Booksharian reading the book.

Margin changes, tabs, and blank lines are visual devices that are
sometimes stripped out, sometimes not stripped out, but that (regardless
of whether they are there or not) read the same in a DAISY file or a
.brf file.

But using quotation marks around a block quote will delineate the
sentences that are enclosed as a quote for all Bookshare readers.

If folks tell me this is correct, I will print the email and save it in
my notes so I'll remember it.

Thanks,
Devorah
(who just put quotation marks around the 115 block quotes so far in this
book)