[bksvol-discuss] Re: files question

  • From: Caitlyn Furness <lavendar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:58:04 -0400

Mary,

It's all good.  Got it all figured out with everyone's clarifications and such.

Caitlyn
At 05:19 PM 4/28/2008, you wrote:
Hi Caitlyn,

The volunteer manual is not incorrect. I can't tell from what is left of this thread what exactly you were asking about. But, I'll cover what I remember from your messages. You can call a file whatever you like, as long as the format of your final upload to the administration queue for approval and inclusion in the bookshare collection is an rtf file. You can zip the file when uploading or not, as you prefer. Those of us who zip files do it because it is faster, even with high speed internet connections

I hope that answers the remainder of your questions.  If not, keep asking.

Peace,
Mayrie

.

At 11:29 AM 4/28/2008, you wrote:
*really*???  Then the volunteer manuel is incorrect?

Confused,
Caitlyn
At 08:48 PM 4/27/2008, you wrote:
Hi Dave,

The tools that process the submissions from Step 2 to the approval queue do
not accept .zip files.  Only the .rtf should be uploaded.

Thanks,

Darrell