[bksvol-discuss] Re: file type question

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 09:34:30 -0700

Hi Reggie,

I'm not Scott, but the only problem I have had going between rtf and doc is tables being corrupted. I haven't gone back and forth often, mostly when I had to do a save as and Word by default puts up doc and I didn't notice until later and then I did another save as to rtf. You could go through parts of the file for the book you just submitted where there is important formatting like the chapter headings and check that is still there. If that is ok, then most likely everything else is ok.

Misha

On 5/21/2011 7:29 AM, Regina Alvarado wrote:
I probably am putting the horse before the cart here. In fact I know I am. So I will ask Scott that if I have done a bad thing here to please send my book back, and I will re-proof. The name of the book is "The Survivor." It is in the cue for admin approval. Now the question. What difference is there between an RTF file and a DOC? The file was sent on RTF, but I was readingwith Mpower and for some reason it would not accept the file so I changed to DOC file with save as on my laptop. When done proofing, I switched back, formatted and uploaded. By changing the file type and proofing, am I losing any of my changes going back and forth? Am I destroying my scanner's work (God forbid) by doing this? Most of these RTF files seem to work, but I am asking because I am currently almost at the end of another book I had to do the same way. Thanks in advance for help with this. I know changing into a TXT would mess things up, but it seems all page breaks are preserved, just don't know what happens with the switch to DOC and back to RTF.
Reggie