[bksvol-discuss] Re: fair, many errors but legible throughout

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 22:59:21 -0400

There is one fascet of this discussion that gets a bit lost here. Bookshare defaults to the fair designation if the submitter doesn't change it. Several of the new books are rated fair and have no category or synopsis. That would indicate to me that the submitter just filled in the mandatory fields. Our Christian romance submitter is fond of doing this, and sometimes the text is in nice shape after all. Since books don't go through the Bookshare tools during submission, I take the quality ratings on step 1 with a rather hefty grain of salt. I look for the name of the submitter and groan if it is the "Bookshare volunteer" because then it really is a game of Russian rulette. (sigh)

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today!" Will Rogers
Monica Willyard, rhyami@xxxxxxxxx
Add rhyami to your Skype if you'd like to chat.