[bksvol-discuss] Re: error with rtf in k1000

  • From: "soniya patel" <paterals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:54:47 -0500

version 7.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Baum" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 2:44 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: error with rtf in k1000

Which version of K1000 caused the problem? We fixed a problem in our RTF output a few releases ago.

Stephen

At 03:26 PM 6/24/2005, you wrote:
That is just one of the things that hapens to most of us that read and edit in Kurzweil. Usually that error is caused by information that Kurzweil keeps in files, but other software does not, when it is not removed before conversion to RTF. Before a KES file is converted to RTF the immages and layout information must be removed from the file. Opening the file in Word and changing something before saving it will make Word reconvert the file, which has the accidental benefit of removing anything extra in the file. I really don't understand why a file that was already successfully uploaded to bookshare could have unacceptable data in it, though. Did you by any chance use user defined page numbers or some other Kurzweil feature that might have tried to add Kurzweil specific information to the file? Anyway, you know the solution, so you don't really need to find the cause in order not to have the problem over and over again. :-) It's certainly not your fault that it happens.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Instructor
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity
----- Original Message ----- From: "soniya patel" <paterals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>