[bksvol-discuss] Re: end of line characters, please help

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:50:45 -0400

My only idea is since you said the book content is double spaced, is around the page numbers triple or quadruple spaced? Then you could replace all instances of two hard returns with one, and all the content pages would be stuck back together while still leaving a blank line by the page numbers and other header/footers.
If you want to test it, open a document, write a line followed by an enter. Now make two blank lines with enter two more times. Now write another line of text. If you do a global search for two hard returns and replace it with one, it will only eliminate one of the blank lines. It doesn't matter that you still have two hard returns left together because it doesn't go back and reexamine the same area again unless you tell it to.
Tiff