[bksvol-discuss] Re: email address problems on list?

  • From: Charisma <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 17:34:49 -0600

Chela,

I use Gmail. I clicked on the message AFTER that message and here is
what it says (about all of the "this may not be from" messages  on all
the various emails that are from Gmail)

"All mail sent by Gmail should have specific information in the
message (called authentication data) that can verify that the message
was sent by Gmail. If you see a warning message indicating that a
message may not have been sent by a Gmail user, this means that the
authentication data is missing.  ... We recommend contacting the
sender of the email and encouraging them to authenticate their
messages by publishing a SPF record."

Um, yeah. As long as I have had Gmail I've never seen this
before--just started showing up. Anyhow, if it does not mean there is
a true problem then I am just going to ignore those notes. But here is
the page if anyone wants to see what they say about it.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=185812

Shew--sometimes I wish computers would stop advancing and just let me
be where I am already! lol

Charisma