[bksvol-discuss] Re: em dashes

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 14:45:45 -0400

No spaces before or after except that sometimes a sentence ends in an M dash. That most often happens when a speaker is cut off and the sentence is unfinished.

On 7/30/2016 4:44 AM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:

I'm confused again. I thought in a very recent discussion we were told that em dashes, like ellipses. should have no space before but should have one space after-- is thar correct? I'm working n a new book and was about to change the em dashes when I went to my book share notes and saw they said no spaces before or after. PLease refresh my memory as to both ellipses and em dashes
 Cidy