[bksvol-discuss] Re: ellipsis

  • From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:18:31 -0600

Hi, Scott,

    You may want to consider leaving ellipses the way you find them, rather
than taking out spaces. The reason I say this is that I've run into the
opposite problem Jana mentioned. When I read a text file on my Braille Lite,
using View in Grade 2 mode, ellipses are not translated properly unless the
spaces are there. Since it sounds like various braille translators may
handle ellipses differently, it might be best not to change them.

    Just a thought. Paula