[bksvol-discuss] Re: elipses in books

  • From: "Monica Svopa" <mrod16@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 15:43:41 -0600

Thanks Kim.

From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kim Friedman
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2011 3:14 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: elipses in books

Hi, before proofreading I attend to a bunch of stuff which I check. One of
these is the ellipsis thing. The way to get around this is to do a find-and
replace. You will have to put different combinations of wrong ellipses in
the find box and the triple periods without spaces in the replace box. Just
use whatever combinations you can think of: spaces between dots 1 and 2 and
2 and 3, space between dots 1 and 2 with no spaces between dots 2 and 3, and
the one where you have no spaces between dots 1 and 2 and a space between
dots 2 and 3. Last step is to delete everything you put into the find box
each time. The last thing to make doubly sure is to put into the find box
Word's symbol for an ellipsis and keep the 3 periods in the replace box. I
usually hit alt+A for replace all rather than tabbing about. I've found this
works for me. Regards, Kim Friedman.