[bksvol-discuss] Re: elipses in books

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 13:13:42 -0800

Hi, before proofreading I attend to a bunch of stuff which I check. One
of these is the ellipsis thing. The way to get around this is to do a
find-and replace. You will have to put different combinations of wrong
ellipses in the find box and the triple periods without spaces in the
replace box. Just use whatever combinations you can think of: spaces
between dots 1 and 2 and 2 and 3, space between dots 1 and 2 with no
spaces between dots 2 and 3, and the one where you have no spaces
between dots 1 and 2 and a space between dots 2 and 3. Last step is to
delete everything you put into the find box each time. The last thing to
make doubly sure is to put into the find box Word's symbol for an
ellipsis and keep the 3 periods in the replace box. I usually hit alt+A
for replace all rather than tabbing about. I've found this works for me.
Regards, Kim Friedman.