[bksvol-discuss] e: Re: Wishlist Request

  • From: Kelby Carlson <kelbycarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:52:46 -0500 (CDT)

Hopefully, I can do it. (My BrailleNote reads at rate 16, which is about 500 words per minute.) I'll definitely check out those books. I love anything epic, but until recently I read more epic fantasy. But those novels look cool.

From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 19:56:36 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: e: Re: Wishlist Request

Kelby,

Since you've asked about a lot of Peter F.  Hamilton books
lately, I should
mention that I have scanned The Dreaming Void and am about
halfway through
reading it.  Shouldn't be more than another week before I submit
it.  Then I
will be scanning and reading through The Temporal Void, which
looks to be a
bit longer than The Dreaming Void's 630 pages.  Those are the
first two books
in The Void trilogy.  The third book is due out some time next
year.

These books take place in the same Commonwealth universe as
Pandora's Star
and Judas Unchained, but about a thousand years in the future.  I
really
liked Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained, but I think I like The
Dreaming
Void even better.  Those two earlier books were pretty much
straight space
opera--extremely well done space opera indeed in my opinion..
But in
addition to the character development and imaginative world
building that
are hallmarks of his earlier work, The Void trilogy has themes of
human
evolution and transcendence through various means, themes  which
are not
present in those earlier books.  For me, those themes make what
would have
already been engaging books even more interesting.

Evan

From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:57:40 -0500 (CDT)

I scanned Pandora's Star.  It is currently being proofread.  When
I say
"proofread", I mean it.  The guy who took it is actually reading
through it.
It is a rather long book, 758 pages, 353,000 words.  It might be
another
couple of weeks before he finishes it, but it will be of truly
excellent
quality.  Be assured of that.

Evan