[bksvol-discuss] Re: e: Re: Request

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:10:40 -0700 (PDT)

Also The Beacon at Alexandria, by Gillian Bradshaw.

I know Beacon and Memoirs are n bookshare. I haven't
checked out the others. Gillian Bradshaw has written
other historical novels of the period, I've been told.
The McCullough series is supposed to be escellent, bt
I haven't had a chance to start them yet.

Beloved, by Bertrice Small, is also set in Roman times
and is a novel based on a real person. It was in the
collection, I'm sure. I thought I validated it. But I
can't find it there now, either under title or author,
even though I logged in (I think I rated it Adult
because of some violence and sex).

It's based on Zenobia,a descendant of Cleopatra who
became a ruler of one of the Roman sub-empires and
wanted to be free of Rome. I researched her and all
the major facts, including the ending, are true.

Buyt what happened to the bookshare copy? I checked my
library and it only now has two copies and one is out
of print.

Cindy