[bksvol-discuss] Re: e: Re: Comment from the staff about Adult Content Filtering

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:16:34 -0800 (PST)

Books sometimes get mismarked Adult. It's up to the
validator, in the final analysis, to determine the
rating, I think, since he/she is the last person to
check (and hopefully read) the book. But if anyone
questions the rating, he/she can write to Carrie or
Claire and ask them to check it out and change the
rating, as Allison just did.

For some unknown reason, a while ago some children's
picture books were inexplicably rated Adult.

G.Cindy

--- kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> See, this is not my problem.  I don't WANT to read
> books that are
> truly adult in nature.  My problem is that books
> like Slander,
> which are in no way adult, are being marked adult.
> Everyone has
> consistently failed to address this problem.
>
> Kelby
>
> Doomed Dragon
>
> Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
>
> A: It is the universe exploding.
>
> "It is not what we see that determines who we are.
> It is how we
> choose to see it."
>
> "Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name
> alone is
> exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the
> heavens."
>
> Psalm 148:13
>
> Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee
> from your
> presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
> if I make my
> bed in the depths, you are there.  If I rise on the
> wings of the
> dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even
> there your
> hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me
> fast.
>
> Psalm 139:7-10
>

> --- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! --
> http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---