[bksvol-discuss] Re: duplicates, duplicates

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:49:01 -0700

Hi Kellie. I agree with you. I'm usually careless about this, but I do try to make an effort to eliminate dupes. A great way to do this is with the find command. Put in a unique word of the book title in the find box of your screen reader. In Window-Eyes, this is Control Shift F. The standard find in Internet Explorer won't work. Keep searching until you get a not found message. I have found duplicates that way. Once I even found what looked like a triplicate.

Also, I noticed that someone has been really careless lately. They put the author name in both the title and author fields. This means that I have no idea what the book is until I download and look at it. Please be more careful when submitting.

If in doubt, or if you didn't get the thank you message, please post here and have someone check the step 1 page for you. Also, you can always check that page yourself. The book shows up as soon as you get the thank you message or as soon as it's uploaded, I'm not sure which.