[bksvol-discuss] Re: downloading problems with .bks files

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:08:28 -0600

Dan,

You probably managed to uncheck the checkbox that asks "Always ask before
downloading?".  It's located on the dialog box which contains the buttons to
Save or Open the file.

I'm not sure how to reset the checkbox, but it sounds like from what you
described that it may be specific to a given web page since Bookshare uses a
single web page to download every book from the collection and a different
one to download books from Step 1.  If that's the case, then you might clear
it up by deleting your cookies.

If that doesn't do it, then you should at least be able to save the file
using the Save Target As option in the context menu for the DAISY link until
you're able to determine how to reset the checkbox or if it's being caused
by something else.

HTH

Gerald

  _____