[bksvol-discuss] Re: doublr-hyphensand em dashes.

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 04:48:38 -0700

Hi Cindy,

You are supposed to convert the long dashes to double hyphens.  There are
instructions in the scanning and proofreading manual for how to keep word
from automatically reconverting the double dashes to long dashes, which it
does unless you tell it not to.  You need the double hyphens.

        The part of the scanning and proofreading manual that you want to
look at  is the instructions for proofreading using Microsoft Word. The
section you want is under Tips, near the end of that particular document.
There are things in that section that need to be set and saved so that Word
won't make automatic changes, like regular quotes to smart quotes every time
you open a file.

I hope you'll be able to take a look at that.  Those tips are very, very
time saving, and some of those changes, if not made will result in some
yucky files.

Mayrie