[bksvol-discuss] Re: dots replaced by dashes

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 21:51:26 -0700

Not Cindy but ...

If this is back to the something like can't with the apostrophe above the n, for the book from Mexico, there are words in spanish with a mark above the n. If the book has more than the average Spanish words in it, maybe the OCR got confused and even put the apostrophe's for contractions above the n. Just a thought ...

Misha

On 7/29/2012 6:17 AM, Martha Rafter wrote:
Hi Cindy,
The book I was proofing was not British. It was published by Thorndike Press and was printed in Mexico. Oh, it was a large print book. Do you think it's a scanno--something from the OCR? The world is strange, isn't it!
Marty

-----Original Message----- From: Cindy
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2012 9:54 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: dots replaced by dashes

Interesting. I'm currently proofing a book with the same problem, and I've never seen it before. The book I'm proofing is in British English. Is yours? I'm now wondering if it's a (I can't think of the word) of the publisher.