[bksvol-discuss] Re: donating credits

  • From: Pavi Mehta <pavim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:11:40 -0700

Hi Melissa,

Great to hear about your work as a volunteer! And to learn that you have a
cousin signed up with us as well. In terms of donating credits, this is
definitely possible and here's the process we currently follow:

Volunteers of Bookshare with earned credits are eligible to donate their
credits. At this time, Bookshare will handle credit donations manually, on a
case by case basis.  A volunteer wishing to donate his/her credits to a
Bookshare member or would-be member, may send an email to the Volunteer
Coordinator, with the amount they wish to donate, they may leave the recipient
unspecified or if they wish they can include the name of a particular person
they wish to donate to, and their reason for wanting to make the donation.
These donation requests upon approval will then be carried out by the
membership division, and a notification will be sent by the  Volunteer
Coordinator to the contributing volunteer.

As time goes on we will modify the process and/or implement any additional
measures or conditions necessary to ensure that the system of donating credits
remains feasible for the organization. We are glad to be able to support this
kind of generosity among our volunteer community and are, as always, grateful
for the work you do, and the dedication with which you do it.

All good things,
Pavi

Pavi Mehta
Volunteer Coordinator, Bookshare