[bksvol-discuss] Re: dog lovers - shelley - books to scan

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 01:57:32 -0400

Send them.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Estelnalissi
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 10:58 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] dog lovers - shelley - books to scan

  Dear Shelley and volunteers who love pets,

  I have the following books I'd be willing to mail to anyone who would be
  willing to scan them. Feel free to ask for only one or just those that
  interest you. I checked and they aren't in the bookshare collection. These
  are books I've owned a long time, acquiring them knowing I had no way to
  read them. I still can't convince my scanner to work, but would gladly
  validate any book any of you volunteer to scan. You needn't return the books
  because I'd be happier to be able to read them than own them unread.

  Oh, I just thought, if I validate them, I might need them back  for
  reference, but I wouldn't mind if it was chopped and would pay return
  postage, or, when possible I'd get the book from the library.

  DAWGS! - an anthology of stories about them - edited by Charles Wright
  Gray - copyright 1925 - 342 pages - Old hardbound book, faded binding,
  signed by someone in 1931 , a treasure in my opinion, I'd love to read these
  stories and especially get excited about reading books like this, published
  eighty years ago. I'm always sad when a book goes out of print and then
  slowly vanishes.

  Julian's Cat an imaginary history of a cat of destiny by  Mary E Little -
  copyright 1989 - hardcover 121 pages - seems intriguing

  The Cat On My Shoulder Writers and Their Cats edited by Lisa Angowski Royak,
  copyright 1993, hardcover brand new with perfect dust cover, 179 pages,
  might be a little complex to scan, has picture pages and little cat icons
  before the first word on a page and page numbers on the outside margins,
  left and right of text, but it looks so fabulously interesting to readers
  and Cat Lovers because many of the writers will be familiar including
  Cleveland Amory, Lillian Jackson Braun, Sue Grafton, Cokie Roberts, Joyce
  Carol Oates, Lloyd Alexander, Nancy Pickard and many more.

  Ranch of Dreams by Cleveland Amory copyright 1997, large print hard cover
  with dust cover with one crease, 306 pages, easy scan, Heartwarming, of
  course. Bookshare has 2 of Amory's books re cats, but not this one.

  Only A Novel by Winston Groom, the author of forest gump, copyright 1984,
  170 pages hardbound large print, easy scan, I'd absolutely love to read
  this. The star doggie is called Only because he's the lone survivor in a
  herd of sheep dogs. Goes in search of the dog he loves named Blossom

  The Dog Who Loved Too Much - tales, treatments, and the psychology of Dogs
  Dr. Nicholas Dodman - brand new oversized paperback - 259 pages - easy scan
  except maybe chapter and section titles, it is said to be a collection of
  warm, engaging, sometimes humorous, explanations of some dog behavior
  problems and how to solve them with chapters like, the fearful dog, and shy
  and sharp. I am never controlled enough to follow the strict obedience and
  training regiments. Never a crate in my house until the last dog I rescued
  who ate a lamp, a carton of canned pop, a 40 dollar hat and so much more.

  Why We Love The Dogs We Do - how to find the dog that matches your
  personality - by Stanley Coren, author of, The Intelligence of Dogs, -
  copyright 1998 - hardcover large print retired library book, easy scan
  except for some pages of charts and forms to fill out. I don't always agree
  with this author, but love reading his books and would have fun finding out
  if he was right about the dog that would be best for me!

  Maya's First Rose Diary of a Very Special Love - Martin Scot Kosins -
  copyright 1992 - retired library hardcover with very large print - 168
  pages, but shorter because the print is so large, the story of the author's
  love for Maya who lived to be eighteen and whose happiness and love meant
  everything to the author. I know I'll cry if I read this, but I need to cope
  better when a pet of mine dies.

  Oh, and I have several books about training dogs I'll delve in to by
  request. I always like the titles better than the actual training!

  That's all,

  Always With Love,

  Lissi