[bksvol-discuss] Re: do we number blank pages

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:06:36 -0500

If the pages with pictures continue the numbering (whether or not they actually
have page numbers) then you should number them, if not, then don't number them.

For example, if you have a book that has page 1 with text, then the next pages
have pictures and no page numbers, then if the next page with text is page 2
then don't number or even keep the pages between 1 and 2. If the next page with
text is numbered anything higher than two then make sure there are that many
blank pages between the two pages with text. Also make sure that blank pages
have the note on them [blank page], which I always thought was weird because as
soon as you put [blank page] on the page it isn't blank anymore. I think that's
called a paradox.

Bob

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for
it back when it begins to rain."