[bksvol-discuss] Re: do others like this description?

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 11:22:11 -0500

We have choices about the kinds of descriptions which appear on bookshare. Actually, copying from Amazon violates bookshare policy.

E.

At 11:06 AM 11/6/2008, you wrote:
Hi all

E. Where's it from? It reads like Amazon or a publishers' frothy and lauditory gumbus. Read the book, review it on a blog, send it to the publishers after you write it.

You can't stop people from writing drivel. All you can do is read the book in question and then write your own review. Remember that a reviewer is just that, and the review has placed a certain value on this book. You can, if you wish, up the price or devalue it, depending on the book. Convincing a reviewer that the value she's placed on a thing is wrong, is like trying to stop the tide with a tin cup. You need to build a dike.

I believe you can review a book on the Bookshare web site. So, go, read it, then write your own review. The author is probably not responsible for the blurb, probably taken from the book jacket by the submitter or the validator. So, read it. Review it, and salve your conscience.

Ann P.