[bksvol-discuss] Re: do others like this description?

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 15:40:27 -0500

I absolutely Carrie had nothing to do with that. Carrie has far too much elegant style to do such a thing.

As for thinking that changing a book description will crush the will of some volunteer as Monica suggests and prevent them from writing further descriptions, I suspect volunteers are less crushable than it may seem.

E.

At 03:25 PM 11/6/2008, you wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, E., that is a much better description. Perhaps it would be better than the drivel which you quoted. I'm sure that Carrie just put in what was on the book cover, and isn't responsible for the content of the description which made us both flinch. Carrie does wonderful work, approving hundreds and hundreds of books. She can't read them all, so she uses what is available as a description.

I know that if I saw the description as you quoted it, I might be less likely to read it. I also know that your substitution makes the book seem much more palatable. So, yes, I would change it if I were you, or at least ask if it could be changed.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring