[bksvol-discuss] Re: destiny

  • From: "Julia" <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:25:30 -0500

Hi Susan. Here's the back cover blurb.
There was no reason on earth why they should ever have met

EDOUARD

Born to privilege and power, Edouard de Chavigny has known life's harshest
lessons-loss, disillusionment, betrayal. Now he is the ruler of a financial
empire, a man loved by his friends, ' feared by his rivals, famed for his ease
in attracting women-and his ease in leaving them.

HELENE

Helene Craig has grown up in rural Alabama, raised by a British war bride who
dreams of recapturing the gentle world she has lost-a world symbolized for her
child in the image of a perfect English garden. But when Helene's illusions die
in the violence of a hot July afternoon in 1959, she forges a new dream: to be
rich and free and invulnerable, and some day to exact her revenge.

EDOUARD AND HELENE They meet on a Paris street, and their htv* love seems to
them undeniable, - ^ inevitable... their destiny. What they cannot know is that
the paths that ^brought them together started not in Paris, not in Alabama, but
in London on a night ablaze with Nazi bombs... and that before them lie years
of public glamour and private pain, of unfoiding truths and enmeshing lies, of
ambitions : gained and chances lost.

  The story of Edouard and Helene spans three decades-and worlds as disparate
as the decadent villas of Algiers on the eve of revolution... the South in the
early days of civil rights unrest.. .the fairy-tale magnificence of a French
chateau... the sheltered mansions of California film royalty.., the sanctuary
found at last in an English garden. It is a story rich in finely detailed
characters: dazzling Lady Isobel, so unlucky in love ... Louise de Chavigny,
the most envied beauty of her time, pitiless in her vanity .. .Thad Angelini,
the Hollywood genius obsessed with one woman's face.

  Destiny-it is a novel of hypnotic power, the singular achievement of an
extraordinary new talent: