[bksvol-discuss] deleting pages and title page question

  • From: Chanelle Hill <chanellemh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 07:52:04 -0500

Dear Booksharians,
I am proofreading a book entitled Cold-case Killer: A Keely Moreno
Mystery by Dorothy Francis and submitted by NW. The first page has
gibberish text, the second page is blank, and the third page has more
unidentifiable text. Since the prologue is numbered as page 7, which
is actually the tenth page in the file, maybe deleting the three
unidentifiable pages wouldn't be a problem? Would it be all right to
delete these pages or should I leave them?
The fourth page has an excerpt from the book, the fifth page contains
a list of books by the author, and the sixth page contains the title.
Do title pages always have the title listed first proceeded by the
autror? On the title page of this book, the author is listed first. In
addition, only the first part of the title, Cold-case Killer, is
listed.
Finally, after the main text of the book (it seems to be complete),
there are six blank pages followed by a page of text with ISBN
information and advertisements, followed by a blank page. Page
numbering stops after 250, so the last eight pages are not numbered.
Should I leave the six blank pages? Maybe I need to get a copy of the
print book and see what is going on. Any help or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Chanelle