[bksvol-discuss] Re: deleting headers etc.

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:12:18 -0700

I'm not sure what the problem is with them showing up in ranked spelling. Just ignore them.

If you do a global search and replace with K1000, it starts from where you are unless you tell it to start from the top. At least that has been my experience. So just get past the ones you want to keep and start your search and replace from there. Just be careful that you don't delete a header in the book that is actually part of the text of the book. In the first few books I have scanned, with one exception where the headers came out almost all garbled in different forms and were connected by three dots to the page numbers, it put a tab before the header on the even-numbered pages and a tab after the header on the odd-numbered pages. So I did a global search and replace with the tab before or after the text in the header, depending on which side of the page it is on, and replaced it with nothing. That will vastly decrease the possibility of deleting text that is in the book that is the same as the header. Now, before I remove all the tabs in the book, I check the headers to see if they are separated from the page numbers by tabs. If so, then I can delete them and the tabs at the same time, then remove any remaining tabs afterword.

HTH

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bud Schwab" <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>