[bksvol-discuss] Re: deleting author's name from every page

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 08:08:23 -0700

Hi Nancy,

I don't have jaws, I have windoweyes but I suppose it would work about the same way. Does it actually delete the words from the printed page or does it just not say them as it passes by them?
Thanks.

BudAt 01:25 AM 8/2/2006, you wrote:

Is it possible to delete something that repeats over and over like
the author's name or the title with either spell check or rank
spelling?

Bud,

When I start to read a book that has repetitions of the title/author, I
generally have pretty good success when I go to the jfw dictionary and
instruct it not to say the name or author of the book.    I don't add
those entries into the default dictionary, so there is no unsightly
"word mess" left after I finish the book.

Most of the time after training the dictionary, I can read thru without
those pesky repetitions.

I'm sorry that I can't tell you how to fix it from the source.

Does anyone else train their dictionary while reading a book?

Nancy Hill

http://www.eset.com

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P