[bksvol-discuss] Re: deleting author's name from every page

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 23:36:20 -0700 (PDT)

Oh, I just realized - I'm thinking about Microsoft Word.  Is that what you're
using to edit the book?  If you are using Word, select the Edit menu, then
select Replace, put the author's name in the first field, leave the second
blank, and select the Replace All button.  It should tell you how many
replacements were made.

  If you're not using Word, I'm not familiar with the other editors.  Sorry!

  Carrie

Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Carrie,

Thanks for the info.  Pardon my ignorance, but how do I do a global replace?
Could you give me a step by step procedure. I don't believe that is in rank
spelling or spell check, is it?  I still have a lot to learn about all of this.
Thanks again.

Bud
At 09:01 PM 8/1/2006, you wrote:
  Hi Bud,

What I do is to add an extra character to the author's name where I want it to
remain (like on the title and copyright pages), then I do a global replace of
the author's name to nothing, and delete the extra characters.  Yes, it's a
pain, but it's better than deleting each one by hand.

(As an example, if the author is John Milton, I change the name to Johnx Milton
on the title and copyright pages, delete all of the John Milton names
everywhere, then change Johnx Milton back to John Milton.)

Just a suggestion, Carrie

Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   Hi Gang,

   Is it possible to delete something that repeats over and over like

   the author's name or the title with either spell check or rank

   spelling? I can't figure out how it could be done but I'm sure it

   can be done if I knew what I was doing. That would save a lot of

   time from going through the book page by page and doing it by hand.

   Thanks.

   Bud Schwab

   W 6 Z Y P

   Malibu, California

Do you Yahoo!?

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California

Groups are talking. We&acute;re listening. Check out the handy changes to
Yahoo! Groups.