[bksvol-discuss] Re: deleting author's name from every page

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:26:54 -0700

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for the info. Pardon my ignorance, but how do I do a global replace? Could you give me a step by step procedure. I don't believe that is in rank spelling or spell check, is it? I still have a lot to learn about all of this.
Thanks again.

Bud
At 09:01 PM 8/1/2006, you wrote:
Hi Bud,

What I do is to add an extra character to the author's name where I want it to remain (like on the title and copyright pages), then I do a global replace of the author's name to nothing, and delete the extra characters. Yes, it's a pain, but it's better than deleting each one by hand.

(As an example, if the author is John Milton, I change the name to Johnx Milton on the title and copyright pages, delete all of the John Milton names everywhere, then change Johnx Milton back to John Milton.)

Just a suggestion, Carrie

Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Gang,

Is it possible to delete something that repeats over and over like
the author's name or the title with either spell check or rank
spelling? I can't figure out how it could be done but I'm sure it
can be done if I knew what I was doing. That would save a lot of
time from going through the book page by page and doing it by hand.
Thanks.

Bud Schwab W 6 Z Y P Malibu, California

Do you Yahoo!?
Get on board. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40791/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/handraisers>You're invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail Beta.