[bksvol-discuss] Re: deleting author's name from every page

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 08:11:23 -0700

Thanks, Kelly,
I'm getting all sorts of suggestions so I ought to be an expert soon. I sure appreciate all the response I have received on this subject. Now I'll go try it.

BudAt 06:16 AM 8/2/2006, you wrote:

Hi Bud,
Yes, Kurzweil has this feature, and it's a very useful one indeed. What I would do from within the file in Kurzweil is select an instance of the header you want to remove--just the text, leave the page number in the file. Then hit ctrl-h, and ctrl-v to paste the header into the search field. Hit tab once, and make sure there is nothing in the replace edit field. Then press alt-a. You will be told how many replacements were made. Then, if there are other repeated headers in the books, for example if there's title on even pages and author on odd, you can continue repeating the above procedure with other headers. This procedure even works with messed-up headers. I start at the top of the book, and page through it. Every time I see a new header, I repeat this procedure. Eventually there are no more pesky headers, and you will have saved yourself oodles of time in the process.
Hth,
Kellie

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P