[bksvol-discuss] Re: deleting author's name from every page

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 21:01:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bud,

  What I do is to add an extra character to the author's name where I want it
to remain (like on the title and copyright pages), then I do a global replace
of the author's name to nothing, and delete the extra characters.  Yes, it's a
pain, but it's better than deleting each one by hand.

  (As an example, if the author is John Milton, I change the name to Johnx
Milton on the title and copyright pages, delete all of the John Milton names
everywhere, then change Johnx Milton back to John Milton.)

  Just a suggestion, Carrie

Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Gang,

Is it possible to delete something that repeats over and over like
the author's name or the title with either spell check or rank
spelling? I can't figure out how it could be done but I'm sure it
can be done if I knew what I was doing. That would save a lot of
time from going through the book page by page and doing it by hand.
Thanks.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California