[bksvol-discuss] Re: deleted too many letters, help!!!!!!!

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:34:34 -0700 (PDT)

I had the same problem once and learned my lesson. I
did what you did, Lissi. I don't remember the exact
letters, but when, as I was continuing to validate, I
found letters in the middle of words missing, I made a
list of all the possible words and when I finished I
went back and did a search for all of the and put the
letters back. They were common letters, so there were
a lot of words, and it took hours, literally.

I have since found that, at least with the Word with
the Mac, if I've made a mistake I can undo Replace
All. If I do a replace all in the middle of a book and
changes made than I think there should have been, a
click on the document and Undo Replace All will go
back to what it was in the beginning--even if I've
saved the document. Then I can do a Replace and check
the words one at a time.

Cindy