[bksvol-discuss] Re: death comes to the archbishop

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 13:23:32 -0400

Dear E,

It's ok. Kellie has the Archbishop in safe keeping until later today when I'll take him back to upload him in the morning.

I'll have a more accurate scan of An Introduction to Shakespeare ready to upload with bso, at the same time. It is a wonderfully succinct description of Shakespeare's career and the nuts and bolts of building, theaters, managing props and costumes, practicing the actor's trade, the role of the public,government, and queen, and the evolution of Shakespeare's writing. though it is written for kids of about middle-school age, it is an engrossing read for adults. The text is only 114 pages followed by an index.
The plays are discussed in the context of Shakespeare's career. To have summarized them would have been predictably dull, but this author points out how the plays illustrate Shakespeare's nature, include new writing ground for him, and how they were received by the public. There are no dull pages in this book!

Watch for it in the new books, and enjoy.

Always with love,

Lissi

"My story is finally out there in the ether, a self-sufficient
organism beyond my control, changing shape in every new mind that absorbs it."
From The Night Listener, a novel by
Armistead Maupin