[bksvol-discuss] Re: [dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: request]

  • From: "Brent Harding" <bharding@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 18:54:40 -0500

I hate that problem about Freelists. My friend's domain, and all the sites on that server have the same problem, makes a good reason to switch providers.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: request

Hello, Anne. I have what amounts to a question within a question. If you're
willing, I hope you will forward the message below to the Bookshare list,
since, as I'll explain momentarily, I can't do it. But, perhaps you have an
idea that will let me solve that problem.

It seems, as I have just discovered, though I suspect people have known it
for a long time, that Freelists is using the Barracuda antispam system.
Apparently, for whatever reason, my IP address is unpopular with that
system. They offer a way to research and solve the problem, but of course
one has to fill out a CAPTCHA. Now, I know I could download and learn
Firefox and take advantage of that plug-in that lets you beat these stupid
CAPTCHAS, but I really don't have a compelling desire to learn another web
browser. I'm happy with the one I have. I have written to both contact
e-mail addresses given on the Barracuda website, and nobody has written
back.

So, unless you have a way for me to solve that problem that has been
discussed somewhere else, I would love it if you would be willing to simply pass on this message to the Bookshare list, whose contents I can read but to which I can't write. A good subject line might be "Looking for a particular
Christian book:"

Greetings. I read a book a while back, want to relocate it, and can't find
it or remember the title.  It was a book stressing the importance of
understanding Jesus' utterances in their cultural context.  The first
chapter discussed the birth of Christ and described the Israeli houses of
the time in some detail.  A later chapter discussed Peter's submission to
the will have Christ and discussed night fishing practices and the need to
clean and dry the nets in the daytime. Can anybody remind of what book this
was?  Secondarily, I welcome other titles that provide similar cultural
understandings.

Thanks.

Dean

----- End forwarded message -----

--
AAnn K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT