[bksvol-discuss] Re: crazy kurzweil

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 13:20:03 -0400

I tend to leave files in rtf if I get them off of Step 1 that way. Also,
when I've finished scanning and doing some preliminary checking and fixing,
if needed, I convert from kes to rtf because I read through my files in my
Pac Mate.

After downloading the 11.02 patch, I have had no problems with rtf files, so
I don't work in kes very much once the book is scanned, and not at all if it
is in rtf when I get it from Step 1. I check them for page breaks and do
some other search and replaces in the rtf file with K1000 before reading
through them in braille. Then, if I encounter anything else that needs doing
in K1000, I do that and then bring it into Word for the final space
backspace ceremony before sending it up to the Admin Queue.

Evan