[bksvol-discuss] Re: cover and jacket-flap text

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 17:58:19 -0500

I also put the inside flaps and back cover info at the very beginning of the file for the same reason.
Evan

-----Original Message----- From: Deborah Murray (Redacted sender "blinkeeblink" for DMARC)
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 3:20 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: cover and jacket-flap text

Hi Beverly,

It would be nice if Bookshare had a standard for this material, since it looks like some of us are doing it different from others.

We had this discussion several years ago on-list. Many of us took the position that, since sighted folks can pick up a book, glance at the back cover or jacket flaps before reading, or choosing not to read, a particular book, we would put this material at the beginning of the file.
This is how I have scanned and prepared every one of the books I have submitted. None of my books has been rejected for this reason.

Hopefully, Madeleine or someone will chime in if they wish us to do it in a certain way.

Deborah