[bksvol-discuss] Re: cover and jacket-flap text

  • From: "Sandra Ryan" <sjryan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:12:55 -0600

Hi Beverly,

As a scanner, I generally put the flaps and back cover in the book where they
occur. But often, proofreaders move the back flap information, and also
sometimes the back cover information to the front and give them lowercase Roman
numeral pages there. That's okay either way, so long as you make sure there are
page numbers on every page when you're done.

The 20-point title should be on only one page, and that is the title page. If
there is a title on the front flap or cover, it should be in 12-point. Often
there is a page with only the title on it just before the book begins, and that
title also should be small. Only the title page should have the 20-point title.

Sandi