[bksvol-discuss] Re: copyright verification

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 12:46:34 -0500

Hi Dan,
    When the validation instructions talk about copyright it's generally in the
terms of making sure the book has one, and that it matches what has been
entered on the BookShare form. (You'll see this when you use the Step 2 Upload
process).

    Sometimes however, Gustavo will ask for clarification on a copyright, or
validation of a copyright. That means there is something about the book that he
is questioning. This is generally the time to try a look up on copyright.gov.
Some volunteers do that as part of their regular processes, just in case. So
this is what the tip is aimed toward.

HTH,
Jake