[bksvol-discuss] Re: copyright validation

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:13:46 -0500

Yes, there is a more direct address. I went through the same hassel as you before someone provided this address which works just fine.

http://www.copyright.gov/records/cohm.html

Not every book is listed, though. I seem to be good at finding books that are not listed. Recently I had a new experience. I had a book that was in their records but the title had a typo in it so I didn't find it. Someone else found the messed up record and pointed it out.

If you need more tips for using this and other site for looking up copyright I know there are plenty of experienced copyright researchers to help. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shannon A. Reece" <shazza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>