[bksvol-discuss] Re: copyright help

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:19:31 -0500

Thank you Melanie, for the address of the LOC search.  I was looking for it
last night and couldn't find it.  Unfortunately they didn't say anything
about the copyright of this book, but I suspect I will use the search more
in the future.

Cindy, I believe you have found what I need.  I can't imagine anyone but the
publisher would copyright the book since the author is no longer living, and
the copyright is not the original.  I was guessing the publisher would be
the holder, but without a number that didn't do me any good. Now I have a
number and everything else matches, so it has to be the correct book.  The
LOC record for the book says the publisher and 1985, but just doesn't say
the word copyright, and both ISBN and LC numbers match.
Thanks so much for your work.  I really loved reading this book as a kid,
and I love it still. I couldn't bare to have it rejected when there really
was nothing at all wrong with it except the missing word copyright. :-)
I will have my husband examine the book again for the copyright notice
hanging out in some place it shouldn't be just in case.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net