[bksvol-discuss] Re: copyright help

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:38:22 -0700 (PDT)

Sarah,

I finally found the following information at
http://koha.athenscounty.lib.oh.us/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?bib=82027.
I hope it helps.  (Most sites I found didn?t give a
copyright date and I thought maybe it had expired and
not been renewed, but then I found this.).
Unfortunately, it doesn?t say who holds the copyright.
My guess would be the publisher.  Is it possible that
the copyright info is somewhere else on the book? I?ve
found copyright info on the back cover flap at times,
as well as on the back cover.

Swallows and Amazons,
By Ransome, Arthur,

Copyright:      1985
ISBN:   087923573X
LCCN:   70426832
Publisher:      Boston : David R. Godine, 1985
Details:        351 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.

However, in my searches I ended up at the bookshare
site which lists 4 other Arthur Ransome books. Two did
not have a copyright date, so you can probably leave
it blank and the book will be accepted. (The other two
had copyright dates of 1934 and 1938).

Cindy

--- Sarah Van Oosterwijck

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail