[bksvol-discuss] converting to rtf for submission

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:39:42 -0400

Hello folks,

Continuing a conversation from a week or more past ...

When I use Openbook to convert .ark files to rtf, I notice that the number of pages changes. Is it possible that I'm losing blank pages? The number lost is small, so I'm leaning in that direction. If this is the case, can an Openbook expert advise me as to how best to avoid this happening?

Another possibility is that I'm muddling the process, because I open the .rtf file in Word after doing the conversion to rtf in Openbook. Is Word gobbling blank pages? And again, if so, I don't know what other program I might use to open the .rtf file, and still be able to perform a spell check, make the appropriate quote changes, etc. Any ideas?

Scott