[bksvol-discuss] Re: compound words that sound weird

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 23:23:52 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, Mike, but that's in theory. Many scanners are not
very careful, and many of us like Lissi want the books
that we approve to be perfect. Please don't discourage
her (smile). Plus, if it should have been hyphenated
because it was an adjective and not a compound word
(which isn't the case here, to my surprise when I
checked the dictionary) and students read it and got
the wrong grammatical idea ...

Lissi, there are many of us perfectionists here, as
well as those who do an excellent job of scanning and
prevalidating before they scan. so the validators job
is really easy--and there are some in both groups who
just do the minimum required.

Cindy