[bksvol-discuss] Re: comments on poor quality books

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:43:38 -0400

No it was not. The books I rejected had lines cut off not just diallect. I realize how diallect is used throughout the book and would not have rejected based on diallect.

E.
At 03:32 PM 7/6/2006, you wrote:

Hi E,
Was Mossflower one of the Brian Jacques books you rejected? This is one
instance where ranked spelling is definitely *not* the best approach for
evaluating the quality of a book. Almost all of the characters speak in
various britishesque dialects. In the case of Mossflower, it's true that the
submitter didn't have the most ideal settings, but since the images were
kept in the file I simply rerecognized the whole thing, and the results are
quite good. I've been editing the book, but for the last two weeks I've been
out of town with no access to a computer so I couldn't renew. Let me know
the fate of this book, because if you rejected it I'm going to ask Gustavo
to put it back on Step 1 for me.
Kellie