[bksvol-discuss] comments for submitter

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:53:06 -0400

I am validating The War on Choice. It was submitted in kes format. I do not know what version of k1000 the submitter has. The book came in with a 97% rating. It needs a lot of work. Much of that work seems to be pattern work and I think I can get it to decent quality though I have just started working on it. I have good tools in version 9. The submitter needs to optimize if she knows how to do that. Her letter u is coming out as m for instance. e is being scanned as c resulting in things like

comrt for court
comrse for course
bc for be.

This is probably a brightness issue though other things could be involved. The optimizer knows more in this case than I do.

E.

At 05:05 PM 9/1/2005, you wrote:
I aam fine with volunteers taking huge breaks and staying on the lists. I just mind it if folks are using the time to download stuff off the step 2 page instead of paying up membership fee. Call me paranoid but I have known some blind folks whose moto is "if it's free it's for me" who might do such a thing. I understand all of us need breaks. Sorry if I gave offense.