[bksvol-discuss] Re: column identification on or off

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 13:39:09 -0600

I haven't found any reason to turn off ignore partial columns, but since the option is there I assume it must be useful for something. :-)

When you aren't sure whether you should have columns on or off you might want to set Kurzweil to keep images. That will make the files big, but you can always remove all the images from the file once you know you won't need to rerecognize anything. You will find the option for removing images as well as layout information under utilities on the file menu.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity