[bksvol-discuss] column help Microsoft Word please?

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 01:31:25 -0500

Dear Volunteers,

At long last I'm almost ready to upload the biography of William Wallace I've been validating. It's a fabulous book if you like history or have a soft sppot for Scotland or heroes who give all they have for the ideal of freedom with no thought to material gain or the acquisition of power.

After the Bibliography are a few pages listing the reference numbers and the book title and page where the information was obtained. In the book, this information is listed in two columns. In the scan, it appears in a single long list.

Should I attempt to create the second column? I fear the list will be too long for a single page in the single column format as it will have twice the lines of the other pages. Or, should I make a page break thus putting one page on two pages one column per page.

If I should be making the column, would anyone give me some hints about how to tell microsoft word for windows 2000 how to do it?

As a braille reader, I think the information would be easier to read without columns, but I'm still not sure if I should make that kind of change to the original text. Maybe it wouldn't matter since I wouldn't be tampering with the content in any way. Only the number of pages would change and this at the end of the book. The pages in the body of the text wouldn't be changed.

thanks in advance.

Always With Love,

Lissi