[bksvol-discuss] Re: colapsed

  • From: "Hope Hein" <hmhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:29:03 -0400

Thank you LOL
Hope
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:25 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: colapsed

having threads which are Collapsed has nothing to do with Norton. It's to do
with your email client. What it is is, a visual thing. When you have a
message which has been responded to a few times, they all have the same
subject line. Rather than being overwhelmed visually, you can have just the
first message appear, and then visually you see the collapsed graphic to
symbolize there are more messages with that subject and just not showing.
to expand a collapsed thread and show the other messages with that subject,
arrow until you find a message which says collapsed, and then push the right
arrow.
Now that the thread has been expanded, arrowing up and down you will see
more messages than you previously saw.
Now, the thing is, irrelevant to whether you left the thread expanded or
collapsed, when you close the program and reopen it, they will go back to
your default setting.
By default the default setting is to collapse the threads, but you can
change the setting to always have them expanded.
I personally prefer them to be expanded because then you don't have to
bother with the right arrow when you're looking for something.
To change the setting to always be expanded:
1. go to the tools menu with alt T
2. arrow down and enter on options
3. push control tab once so you're on the read page
4. tab once to the checkbox which says automatically expand group messages
5. check it with the space bar
6. tab to and push space on the apply button
7. tab to and push space on the okay button