[bksvol-discuss] Re: children's poetry/BSO?

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:56:15 -0500

I know I just did Handsprings which was a wonderful kid's poetry book. And
of course Dirt on My Shirt was a poetry book for kids too.

I just got an email today that said April was poetry month. I didn't really
read it to know what it all encompasses.

poets.org says:

Inaugurated by the Academy of American Poets in 1996, National Poetry Month
is now held every April, when publishers, booksellers, literary
organizations, libraries, schools and poets around the country band together
to celebrate poetry and its vital place in American culture. Thousands of
businesses and non-profit organizations participate through readings,
festivals, book displays, workshops, and other events.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Fantasy in Death by J.D. Robb